Malayalam superstar Mohanlal is the latest celebrity to express solidarity with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s demonetisation move that has shaken up India’s financial system.
In his latest blog, Mohanlal said he watched Modi’s speech during the announcement of his decision to ban Rs 500 and Rs 100 notes. He said that Modi’s speech that day showed that he has deep insights into the problems facing the country and termed the PM’s decision as a ‘surgical strike with good intention.’
Observing that black money and corruption is a serious national threat, he said he is not a worshiper of persons but he welcomes noble ideas. And he sees the demonetisation as one such idea aimed at achieving the common good of the country.
Saying that demonetisation was a necessary movie, Mohanlal said that he understands that such big decisions cause temporary problems. In this case, standing in long queues outside the banks.
Mohanlal suggested that people don’t mind standing in queues outside liquor stores, religious places and film theatres, and they shouldn’t mind waiting outside the banks or ATMs as it is for a good cause.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He said that he has also faced issues with the demonetisation move even as the shooting of his upcoming film was hit. However, he said that he salutes the decision since it will benefit the country.
Mohanlal’s comments have come at a time when two people died in Kerala recently as they were waiting outside their bank branches. His blog has also received flak for comparing people standing outside the liquor stores to the ones waiting outside the banks and ATMs.
Mohanlal is shooting for his upcoming film 1971 – Beyond Borders in a desert, located 500 kms from Jaipur. The war movie, which is helmed by Major Ravi, is part of the Major Mahadevan series of Mohanlal.
The demonetisation has sent a shock wave across the country mostly affecting common people. However, celebrities from across the country have expressed their support hailing the demonetisation as a sure-shot way to deal with the menace of black money and other financial problems in the system.