The distribution rights of Bollywood superstar Hrithik Roshan’s upcoming film Kaabil have been acquired by Malayalam superstar Mohanlal’s home banner Aashirvad Cinemas in Kerala.
“Hrithik Roshan starring Kaabil will be released in Kerala on January 26 by Aashirvad Release through Maxlab,” read the post on the Aashirvad Cinemas Facebook page. The top production house in Malayalam is co-owned by Antony Perumbavoor, a close friend of Mohanlal.
Seems like Kaabil is set to end Hrithik’s dry spell at the box office. The Krrish actor currently requires a commercially successful film as his previous film Mohenjo Daro turned out to be a dud. Mohanlal’s production house has the habit of selecting and buying the distribution rights of the films that are usually set to draw large crowds to the theatres.
Earlier this year, Aashirvad Cinemas gave Kabali, starring Rajinikanth, the biggest release in Kerala. According to reports, Mohanlal’s production house bagged the theatrical rights of the Tamil blockbuster for a whopping Rs 7.5 crore. The Rajinikanth-starrer was released on more than 300 screens and had 1000 plus shows on its day one in Kerala alone.
The financial details of the deal involving the forthcoming Bollywood film have not been disclosed as yet by Aashirvad Cinemas.
Interestingly, even Mohanlal in Oppam, this year’s his first blockbuster in Malayalam, played a blind man. The crime-thriller had been dominating the box office, until his Pulimurugan was released.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Recently, the trailer of Kaabil was released mostly to positive reviews. The film is a revenge story of Rohan Bhatnagar, a visually impaired person, who takes the law into his own hands after something terrible happens to his wife.
Besides, Hrithik the film has Yami Gautam as its female lead. It is produced by Rakesh Roshan under his banner FilmKraft Productions and directed by Sanjay Gupta. It is slated to be released worldwide on January 26.