As Megastar Chiranjeevi gears up to host the fourth chapter of the popular Telugu quiz game show Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu (MEK), MAA TV has pumped up its promotions on various platforms and said to launch a “multi-fold 360-degree” media campaign in the Telugu states.
Popular Telugu TV show MEK is an adaptation of globally acclaimed show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. It has been adapted in Hindi as Kaun Banega Crorepati with Amitabh Bachchan as the host.
While Akkineni Nagarjuna successfully hosted the show for three seasons, the fourth season of the show by Chiru will be starting from December 12. The show will be telecasted on MAA TV from Monday to Thursday between 8.30 to 9.30 pm.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“MEK is a highly popular and proven show in the Telugu market, as much as it is in various international and India markets. It is the first big show being launched after STAR TV took over MAA TV and we are pleased to be associated with mega star Chiranjeevi as the host of the show,” said Kevin Vaz, South CEO of Star India Private Limited.
The platform is set to be mutually beneficial for both the MAA group and Chiru. The TV channel is looking forward to carry the success of Nagarjuna, bu roping another big-ticket star – Chiranjeevi. It is now banking on the fan-base of the Megastar, which is massive in both the states. Meanwhile, Chiru who is making a comeback into Tollywood after 10 years with Khaidi No 150, which will release in January next year, is promoting his image as a star using all channels possible. The actor has got the month of December in hand, to make an impression to pull back his scattered fandom.
“MEK has always created great excitement among Telugu people. With this season, we are all set to take MEK to the next level with multiple new things. I am sure that MEK, this season, will enthral the TV audience in both states of AP and Telangana,” added Alok Jain, Business Head of MAA TV.
The channel has already opened up the gates through Call for Entries (CFE) for the program, which will run from October 11 to October 18.