Filmmaker Mani Ratnam will shoot his upcoming yet-untitled Tamil revenge drama in sync sound, which he had used previously for his last outing “Ok Kanmani”.
Sync sound allows filmmakers to record sound during the filming of the movie and is mostly done live on locations.
“Impressed with the sound output in ‘Ok Kanmani’, Ratnam sir has decided to shoot his next film also in sync sound,” a source from the film’s unit told IANS.
Since the film will be shot in sync sound, Ratnam is very particular that his actors are fluent in Tamil.
“One of the reasons why he chose Keerthy Suresh is because she’s very fluent in Tamil. He’s on the lookout for the second heroine,” the source said.
- Arun Vijay, Aishwarya Rajesh wrap up shooting for Mani Ratnam’s Chekka Chivantha Vaanam
- Nithya Menon, Mani Ratnam collaborate again
- May make more films in sync sound: Mani Ratnam
- ‘O Kadhal Kanmani’ to release on April 17
- Mani Ratnam’s ‘Ok Kanmani’ trailer to be unveiled on Sunday (March 1)
- Mani Ratnam’s ‘Okay Kanmani’ nearing completion
The film also stars Karthi and Dulquer Salmaan, and they’ll be pitted against each other in the film.
Regular shooting of the film will start from December.
Cinematographer Ravi Varman will shoot for this untitled film, which will have music by A.R. Rahman.