Mani Ratnam, AR Rahman and a romance — now that sounds like a cine fan’s dream come true. The filmmaker has released the poster of his next, Kaatru Veliyidai, with Karthi and Aditi Rao Hydari headlining the film. The film’s poster was launched on social media minus the fanfare that we associate with such announcements.
The Wazir actress took to Twitter to share the first look of the film.
— Aditi Rao Hydari (@aditiraohydari) July 7, 2016
The film will bring back the evergreen combination of Ratnam and composer AR Rahman. Ravi Varman will capture the film on his lens and the genre will be romance, Ratnam’s USP. Mani Ratnam is producing the movie under his home banner of Madras Talkies.
- It’s official! Mani Ratnam’s multi-starrer is titled Chekka Chivantha Vaanam
- Fahadh Faasil walks out of Mani Ratnam’s next film?
- Confirmed! Aditi Rao Hydari in Mani Ratnam’s next
- Mani Ratnam’s Kaatru Veliyidai official release date announced
- Mani Ratnam to shoot in Kashmir from month-end
- Mani Ratnam finishes Karthi, Aditi Rao Hydari-starrer Kaatru Veliyidai’s Ooty schedule
The mood of the film was captured well on the first poster, which has Karthi and Aditi sharing a moment as doves and a plane fly around them. Karthi reportedly plays a pilot in the film who falls in love with Aditi Rao Hyadari. RJ Balaji has also signed up for an important role in the film.
The film will reportedly begin its 40-day shooting schedule on Friday (July 8) in Ooty. The film is likely to release by the end of this year. The film will be simultaneously made in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam, according to reports.