Noted Malayalam film actress Kalpana Ranjani, known as Kalpana, died in Hyderabad on Monday (January 25) morning due to heart attack. She was 51.
Kalpana was in Hyderabad for the shooting of a Telugu film. She was brought dead at Apollo Hospitals from her hotel room, where she was found unconscious early morning today.
Also read: Actress Kalpana given state funeral
Kalpana, who had acted in 300-odd films in South Indian languages, had won the Best Supporting Actress award for her performance in a Malayalam film in 2012. Sister of film actresses Urvashi and Kalaranjini, Kalpana was known as a comic actress in the industry.
She had made her debut in the film industry as a child artiste in 1983. Since then, she grew along with the South Indian film industry to become a leading actress.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Among her other Malayalam hits are “Ennum Eppuzhum”, “Karnavar”, “Dolfins”, “Bangalore Days” and “Spirit”. “Kakki Sattai”, “Idhaya Thiruda”, “Sathi Leelavathi” and “Chinna Veedu” are among her Tamil films.
Kalpana’s body is expected to be brought to Kerala later today. She is survived by her daughter.
Malayalam actors K P A C Lalitha, Kaviyoor Ponnamma and Innocent, MP, expressed shock at the demise of the actress, who was best known for her comic roles in South Indian films.