Malayalam actor Rekha Mohan was found dead inside her apartment in Thrissur on Saturday. At that time, speculations were rife that it could be a case of suicide.
However, Rekha’s post-mortem report has concluded that she died of cardiac arrest, thus putting the suicide theory to rest. The actor was undergoing cancer treatment for the last few months.
Rekha’s husband, after not being able to get in touch with her over the phone from Malaysia, contacted the Thrissur police to look at the situation. When police broke into her apartment, as it was locked from the inside, they found the body of Rekha, triggering the suicide speculations.
Rekha was known for her roles in films like Udyanapalakan, Yathramozhi and Ne Varuvolam. She also had a popular small-screen appearance in serial Mayamma.
Rekha was found dead at her residence just a day after popular Tamil TV actor Saberna Saboo allegedly killed herself in her Chennai flat.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The police were called in by her neighbours after a foul smell started coming from Saberna’s flat, which had remained closed for about three days. When a police team arrived at her flat in Maduravoyal, they found that the door wasn’t locked from inside. Saberna was lying on the floor in a pool of blood with her wrist slashed. Her body was in a highly decomposed state.
Also read | Tamil TV actor death: Police found Saberna’s body in a pool of blood
According to reports, police recovered a three-page suicide note, in which she had discussed the reasons behind her decision to take the extreme step. Her untimely death has sent a shock wave across the Tamil entertainment industry.