Popular Malayalam actor and folk singer Kalabhavan Mani passed away at a hospital in Kochi on Sunday (March 6). He was 45.
Actor Kalabhavan Mani, 45, died in Kochi on Sunday evening. He had been hospitalised for liver ailment.
Mani had bagged national special jury award in 2000 for his performance in Malayalam film Vasanthiyum Lakshmiyum Pinne Njaanum.
A promising career is cut short. Kalabhavan Mani was multifaceted & popular. Pained by his demise. Condolences to his family & fans: PM
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
— PMO India (@PMOIndia) March 6, 2016
Mani, who hailed from an economically backward family at Chalakkudy in Thrissur district, started his career as mimicry artiste at Kalabhavan in Kochi and then did comedy roles in Malayalam films. He was known for inimitable mannerisms as comedy artiste.
Also read: Five best performances of Kalabhavan Mani
Later, he donned lead roles in several movies and performed as a playback singer. He had acted in 200-odd Malayalam films.
An all time favourite film and one of it’s best scenes! Shot this at 4 am..and we were singing between shots! pic.twitter.com/h7qRUcGAhY
— Prithviraj Sukumaran (@PrithviOfficial) March 6, 2016
“The actor was admitted to Amrita Hospital in Kochi yesterday. He was critical and was in the ICU. He died at 7:15 PM today,” said a hospital official.