Popular Malayalam actor and folk singer Kalabhavan Mani passed away at a hospital in Kochi on Sunday (March 6). He was 45.
Actor Kalabhavan Mani, 45, died in Kochi on Sunday evening. He had been hospitalised for liver ailment.
Mani had bagged national special jury award in 2000 for his performance in Malayalam film Vasanthiyum Lakshmiyum Pinne Njaanum.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
A promising career is cut short. Kalabhavan Mani was multifaceted & popular. Pained by his demise. Condolences to his family & fans: PM
— PMO India (@PMOIndia) March 6, 2016
Mani, who hailed from an economically backward family at Chalakkudy in Thrissur district, started his career as mimicry artiste at Kalabhavan in Kochi and then did comedy roles in Malayalam films. He was known for inimitable mannerisms as comedy artiste.
Also read: Five best performances of Kalabhavan Mani
Later, he donned lead roles in several movies and performed as a playback singer. He had acted in 200-odd Malayalam films.
An all time favourite film and one of it’s best scenes! Shot this at 4 am..and we were singing between shots! pic.twitter.com/h7qRUcGAhY
— Prithviraj Sukumaran (@PrithviOfficial) March 6, 2016
“The actor was admitted to Amrita Hospital in Kochi yesterday. He was critical and was in the ICU. He died at 7:15 PM today,” said a hospital official.