Bollywood actress Mahima Chaudhry is all set to foray in Bengali films with Agnidev Chatterjee’s “Dark Chocolate” based on the Sheena Bora murder mystery.
Chaudhry will play Ishani Banerjee, a character based on murder accused Indrani Mukherjea while actress Riya Sen will essay Rina Bardhan, a role inspired bythe short life of Sheena Bora. Media baron Peter Mukherjea will be portrayed by Sudeep Mukherjee.
The shooting began in the city earlier this week.
The “Pardes” actress, Chaudhary, was born and brought up in Darjeeling and is fluent in Bengali. Incidentally, she has never starred in a movie from the region.
- Sheena Bora murder case: Can’t recollect nature of conversation with Rahul Mukerjea, Shyamvar Rai tells court
- Rakhi Sawant to play Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh's daughter Honeypreet Insan
- Photos: Riya Sen had a traditional Bengali wedding with boyfriend Shivam Tewari
- Mahima Chaudhry's role in 'Dark Choclate' inspired by Indrani Mukerjea
- Film ‘inspired’ by Sheena Bora case, not real account: Director Agnidev Chatterjee
- Sheena Bora murder case in Bengali film
“I can speak Bengali and I am married to a Bengali so I think I can manage well with the film’s script,” Chaudhary told the media here during the film’s announcement on Thursday.
“3 Kanya” and “Charuulataa maker Chatterjee tweeted during the shoot: “What a film I am making, everyday a new scene pops up………and perhaps only God knows the ending.”
Indrani was arrested on August 25 for her alleged role in the murder of Sheena Bora, her daughter from a previous marriage, in April 2012.
Along with Indrani, her ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna and her former driver Shyamvar Rai were also nabbed.