As part of a campaign titled Thumbs Up Being Human VEER, some special people with disabilities who have realized their potential got the opportunity to meet Telugu superstar Mahesh Babu.
In the first year of the campaign, over 1,000 participants have received training powered by American India Foundation (AIF) and implementation partners, of which 573 have been employed with the help of 147 employers.
The 127 participants employed in Hyderabad with the intervention of implementation partner, ACE Social Foundation, is a reflection of the company’s commitment to success for the disabled in season two of their program.
- Spyder box office: Mahesh Babu-AR Murugadoss film touches the 150 cr mark in 11 days
- Salman Khan to remake Mahesh Babu's Spyder? Read AR Murugadoss' response
- Spyder box office: Mahesh Babu's film struggles in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, earns only Rs 32.2 cr in 5 days
- Spyder release: Mahesh Babu and SJ Suryah are the highlight of this AR Murugadoss film
- Spyder movie review: SJ Suryah owns every frame in this Mahesh Babu starrer
- Spyder actor Mahesh Babu takes time off his vacation to meet a 14-year-old fan suffering from down syndrome, see photo
“Despite their disabilities, the VEERS displayed a true ‘toofani’ spirit and have done exceptionally well for themselves in their respective areas of interest. After having met these five VEERS, I’m sure that there are many others like them that have received similar training and are working hard towards success,” Mahesh said in a statement.
“It is individuals like this that embody the famous saying ‘where there is a will, there is a way’, and are an example from which all of us should learn,” he added.
The campaign aims to address challenges such as inclusive education and employment, skill training and development, and advocating for disabled-friendly technology.
With the support of AIF, the campaign is working at imparting vocational training to these individuals and ascertains their requirements so that they can be made job-ready.