A Judicial Magistrate Court in Melur in Madurai on Friday summoned actor Dhanush to appear before it on January 12 next year, based on a petition filed by an old couple claiming to be the actor’s real parents.
The elderly couple, Kathiresan and Meenakshi, has also produced some childhood photographs and a birth certificate, allegedly of Dhanush, before the court to support their claim. The couple moved the court on November 7, alleging that Dhanush’s real name is Kaliselvan. They have claimed that their son, Kalaiselvan, studied up to Class 10 at R C Higher Secondary School and Government Boys Higher Secondary School in Melur. And he continued his studies further at a private school in Tiruppathur in Sivaganga district.
Last month, the elderly couple in question had created quite a stir in Kollywood with their sensational claim. Kathiresan and Meenaal, the residents of Malampatti, have claimed that the Thodari actor left the house in 2002 after performing poorly in his studies. He later moved to Chennai and started acting in films with the name Dhanush.
The couple has further alleged that Dhanush hasn’t visited them since he became an actor. They claimed that they went to Chennai to meet him, but they were denied permission. The couple had also reportedly filed a complaint with the police and the Chief Minister’s special cell, seeking the help of the authorities “in getting their son back.”
Kathiresan, a retired bus conductor, and Meenakshi have now approached the court seeking a monthly maintenance of Rs 65,000 from Dhanush.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Dhanush’s family background:
Dhanush is the younger son of filmmaker Kasthuri Raja and Vijayalakshmi. His elder brother is also a filmmaker named Selvaraghavan. He made his debut as an actor in 2002 with Thulluvadho Ilamai, which was helmed by his director father. Besides Tamil, he has also acted in Bollywood films Raanjhanaa and Shamitabh. Dhanush is married to superstar Rajinikanth’s elder daughter Aishwarya and has two kids.