Lyca Productions, the makers behind A.R. Murugadoss directed Tamil blockbuster “Kaththi”, have bagged the theatrical rights of actor Dhanush’s two upcoming productions “Naanum Rowdydhaan” and “Visaaranai”.
“Lyca group has acquired the worldwide theatrical rights of ‘Naanum Rowdydhaan’ in Tamil Nadu and ‘Visaaranai’,” a source close to the actor told IANS.
While “Naanum Rowdydhaan” features Vijay Sethupathi in the lead and is said to be an out-and-out commercial film, filmmaker Vetrimaaran-directed “Visaaranai” stars Dinesh in the lead.
“Visaaranai”, about the brutality of police interrogation, will have its world premiere at upcoming Venice Film Festival. The film’s theatrical release date is not yet finalised.
- Kolamaavu Kokila single Edhuvaraiyo: Sean Roldan and Gautham Menon croon for Anirudh Ravichander
- Rajinikanth’s Kaala to hit screens on April 27
- Suriya’s film with Selvaraghavan, Dhanush’s Maari 2 start rolling
- Lyca Productions denies association with Dhanush’s ‘Kodi’
- Vijay Sethupathi signs film under Dhanush’s banner
- Dhanush’s next production goes on floors
Vignesh Shivan-directed “Naanum Rowdydhaan” is likely to hit the screens on October 2.
On the acting front, Dhanush has three Tamil projects in his kitty.