The teaser trailer of Bollywood actor Kunal Kapoor’s Veeram was launched on Sunday at a grand event at Hotel Crowne Plaza in Kochi. The event was attended by Kunal along with the entire cast and crew of the film.
The first teaser trailer was released online on Monday, and it promises that Veeram, besides being a visual treat, will be a gripping film in terms of narration. The film is the big screen adaptation of Shakespeare’s Macbeth. The trailer claims that the film is “a bold new vision” of the classic tragedy.
Veeram teaser trailer throws light on the different emotions, including, love, greed, war and betrayal that shapes this epic drama. Set in 13th century Kerala, the film resuscitates the real life character made famous through folklore literature and songs.
The film revolves around the life of warrior Chandu Chekavar and his quest for power. Chekavars were legendary warriors in Kerala who would often fight battles for the noblemen in the ancient kingdom.
The promo also packs a punch with the action sequences that are high on traditional martial art, Kalaripayattu. Kunal looks very convincing as a warrior with long tresses and ripped physique. Another highlight of the teaser is the chemistry between Kunal and Himarsha Venkatsamy who first made her mark in the world of fashion by winning the Kingfisher Calendar Hunt in 2010.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
While she is yet to find a foothold in the film industry, Veeram is tipped to propel her to the next level in her acting career. She is sensuous, bold, passionate and striking in her performance with Kunal.
The film is directed by National Award winner Jayaraj and made at a whopping cost of Rs 35 crore, the costliest movie ever made in Malayalam.
The film has some of the internationally renowned technicians. Stunt choreographer Allan Poppleton, who has worked on films such as 300, Hunger Games and Avatar has lent his expertise to the film. Hollywood musician Jeff Rona has scored music for the film. Veteran music director M K Arjunan, meanwhile, has composed a song for Veeram, which is written by late Kavalam Narayana Panicker. Award-winning make-up artist Trefor Proud is also part of the project.
Watch the teaser trailer here
The film has been made in Malayalam, Hindi and English.