The Goa government has exempted recently-released Konkani movie “Home Sweet Home 2” from the entertainment tax.
The Laxmikant Parsekar-led government issued a notification in this regard last evening exercising its powers under sub section (3) of the Section five of the Goa Entertainment Tax Act, 1964.
Konkani film “Home Sweet Home 2” is exempted from the liability of payment of entertainment tax when screened in any of the theatres in the State of Goa for a period of three months from the date of publication of this order, said Under Secretary (Finance) Ajit Pawaskar in the notification.
- No govt role in FIR against Dalit poet: Goa CM Manohar Parrikar
- In picture-postcard Goa, Wagh’s Dalit poetry challenges upper-castes
- Awarded, then trashed: Goa poet hounded for questioning Brahmins
- No new movie releases in Tamil Nadu this Friday
- 'Home Sweet Home 2' will break record of its prequel: Director Swapnil Shetkar
- Konkani film 'Home Sweet Home 2' to hit screens on Christmas
The sequel to “Home Sweet Home” released on December 25, 2015.
Directed by Swapnil Shetkar, the movie is a political satire and stars Rajdeep Naik, John D’Silva, Prince Jacob, Aryan Khedekar and Samiksha Desai.