The trailer of Dhanush-starrer Kodi, which was released online on Wednesday, has lived up to the good reviews.
Earlier today, the promo was screened at a press meet in Chennai during which the film’s music was also launched. Members of the media and the industry, and everyone else who got the chance to watch the trailer before its general release said it would strike a chord with the audience. And indeed, it does.
The 2-minute trailer has been rather skilfully edited to make it look more appealing to the masses. The trailer also introduces Dhanush’s twin avatars and both appear to be rustic and fearsome.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Kodi is an out-and-out political thriller even as it packs all the commercial elements to cater to the taste of Tamil film audience, especially fans of Dhanush. While one Dhanush aspires to make it big in the world of politics, the other seems to be a not-so-ambitious man, who is content with his life.
Of course, the trailer also sheds some light on the romance in the film. While bearded Dhanush can be seen running around the trees romancing Trisha, his twin brother, who sports a clean-shaven look, is also busy pursuing his lady love, played by Malayalam Premam fame Anupama Parameshwaran.
However, what’s intriguing is the power struggle between Dhanush and Trisha. No, it is not the regular couple’s fight to have the upper hand in a relationship. The conflict between them seems to stem from a political rivalry.
Other characters seen in the trailer may catch the interests of the audience, but it is politician Dhanush, who commands a significant amount of attention from the viewers. Kodi is the first film, in which Dhanush plays a double role.
The film is directed by R S Durai Senthilkumar and is bankrolled by director Vetrimaaran’s Grass Root Film Company under Escape Artists Motion Pictures banner.
Watch the trailer here:
The film has music from Santhosh Narayanan and is slated for a Diwali release.