Actor Keerthy Suresh is on a film signing spree. The actor, who turned 24 on Monday, is the new favourite of Kollywood filmmakers. She has been roped in to play the female lead in Suriya’s upcoming film, Thaanaa Serndha Koottam.
Studio Green took to Twitter to announce the news while posting birthday greetings to Keerthy. “KEERTHY JOINS TSK,” read the post.
Keerthy made her acting debut in Tamil last year with Idhu Enna Maayam, which was directed by AL Vijay and had Vikram Prabhu in the lead. The film failed at the box office but provided Keerthy with a solid launchpad in Kollywood.
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
Keerthy’s second film with actor Sivakarthikeyan in Tamil, Rajini Murugan, was declared as this year’s first box office hit. Her next movie was Thodari, a widely anticipated film, which had Dhanush in the lead. Although the film failed to live up to the expectations at the box office, she was appreciated for her performance in the film. Her second movie with Sivakarthikeyan, Remo, which released earlier this month, took the box office by storm.
Keerthy is also part of Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Bairavaa, which will be released on Pongal next year. And now, she has been signed up for Suriya’s 35th film.
— Studiogreen (@StudioGreen2) October 16, 2016
Thaanaa Serndha Koottam is directed by Vignesh Shivan, who last year made a successful debut with Naanum Rowdydhaan, a dark comedy that immediately made him one of the bankable directors in Kollywood. Earlier, speculations were rife that the director had planned to cast his rumored girlfriend Nayanthara in the film.
The film will have music by Anirudh Ravichander, who had also worked with Vignesh in his debut movie. It will be produced by Suriya’s home banner 2D in association with Studio Green. The film will go on the floors next week and Suriya will join the shooting from November.
In Telugu, Keerthy is playing the female lead in Nani’s upcoming comedy film, Nenu Local. According to the reports, she is also being considered for Puri Jagannadh’s upcoming film Jana Gana Mana, which will have actor Mahesh Babu in the lead.
Birthday girl Keerthy is, indeed, on a roll.