The trailers of upcoming Tamil films Kathi Sandai and Nenjam Marappathillai are out. While one is a run-off-the-mill commercial entertainer, another is a horror comedy that seemingly thrives on the quirky performance by the lead character.
The trailer of Kathi Sandai was launched at a grand event in Chennai on Friday, where the main cast and crew were in attendance to promote the film. Director Suraaj, actor Vishal and comedian Vadivelu were the star attraction at the film event.
The cast shared their experience of working in the film and about each other. However, Vadivelu, like always, had all the guests and media in splits with his jokes as Kathi Sandai marks his return to the big screen after a long time.
After being embroiled in a professional and political rivalry, Vadivelu’s future in the film industry looked very bleak. However, with the change of guard at the South Indian Artistes’ Association or popularly known as Nadigar Sangam, things are looking up for the iconic comedian.
The trailer release event was a success. But the trailer itself fails to elicit any interest in favour of the upcoming action film. It trailer shows leading man Vishal doing some gravity-defying stunts, beating up bad people, pursuing his love interest, played by Tamannaah, then again beating up bad people, dancing with Tamannaah, trying to be funny, and once again beating up bad people. This pattern repeats throughout the trailer.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Tamannaah, who recently impressed everyone with her performance in hit film Deiv(L), seems to have been reduced to the role of an eye-candy in the film, going by the trailer. For some comic relief, the film has Soori and Vadivelu, both famous for their own style involving caricatures.
Vadivelu is clearly the USP of the film, as suggested by Vishal. Will he live up to the expectations, can be answered only when the film releases on November 18.
On the other hand, the trailer of Nenjam Marappathillai, a directorial venture of Selvaraghavan was released online without any jitter. And it has been receiving rave reviews from the media and fans alike for packing a punch. SJ Suryah has ratcheted up the expectations from the film with his performance. He plays a role called Ramsay, a married man who becomes smitten by another female. However, things go horribly wrong as he gets haunted by a ghost.
Suryah’s peculiar acting talents and Selvaraghavan’s maverick storytelling skills are on full display in the trailer. Nenjam Marappathillai trailer brings a breath of fresh air compared to Kathi Sandai, a typical mass entertainer.
Nenjam Marappathillai also stars Nandita Swetha and is produced by Ondraga Entertainment. The film has music by Yuvan Shankar Raja, which also marks his reunion with Selvaraghavan after eight years. The film will hit the screens soon.