DMK President M Karunanidhi, party treasurer M K Stalin and legendary music composer Illayaraja were among the host of people who paid their last respects veteran Tamil film director Ramanarayanan, who died on Sunday.
65-year-old Ramanarayanan died at a private hospital in Singapore due to a kidney related ailment.
The body, reached here in the wee hours of today, was kept for the public to pay their last respects.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Karunanidhi said no body could deny that Ramanarayanan was one of my brothers. “I could not even think a film industry without him. His death has left a void in the film industry”, Karunanidhi told reporters.
“I extend my sympathies to his family, friends and brothers in film industry”, he said.
Meanwhile, Tamil film industry has cancelled all the shooting and post production activities as a mark of respect to Ramanarayanan.