DMK President M Karunanidhi, party treasurer M K Stalin and legendary music composer Illayaraja were among the host of people who paid their last respects veteran Tamil film director Ramanarayanan, who died on Sunday.
65-year-old Ramanarayanan died at a private hospital in Singapore due to a kidney related ailment.
The body, reached here in the wee hours of today, was kept for the public to pay their last respects.
Karunanidhi said no body could deny that Ramanarayanan was one of my brothers. “I could not even think a film industry without him. His death has left a void in the film industry”, Karunanidhi told reporters.
“I extend my sympathies to his family, friends and brothers in film industry”, he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Meanwhile, Tamil film industry has cancelled all the shooting and post production activities as a mark of respect to Ramanarayanan.