A day that started off on a promising and exciting note ended fatally for two young Kannada actors on Monday. Anil and Raghava Uday died after drowning in Thippagondanahalli lake. Their bodies have still not been found. The actors jumped into the lake from a chopper as part of the climax action sequence.
The shooting for Maasti Gudi, directed by Nagashekar, with Duniya Vijay in the lead role, had been going on at Thippagondanahalli lake since morning. Around 3 PM, Anil and Uday jumped into the lake from the height of 100ft along with Vijay. But the two budding actors did not make it alive out of the reservoir. However, Vijay, who was wearing a life jacket, swam to safety.
Multi-agency search operation is underway to fish out the bodies of the victim. Members of the Kannada film fraternity, meanwhile, have expressed shock.
“Shocked to hear the demise of my dear brothers Anil and Uday. Most unfortunate incident. RIP,” tweeted Upendra. “With unforgettable bitterness of your demise taught the whole industry a lesson about the safety, planning and respect for life in shooting. Anil and Uday taught all aspirants that life is more important than achievements.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“RIP.Two stuntmen drown whilst filming a stunt from a chopper in a Kannada film. When VFX facilities available,then why endanger human lives?,” Rishi Kapoor asked in a tweet.
“It was like a death in the Family. It’s totally depressing and Shocking. R.I.P. Deepest Condolences to #RaghavaUday & #Anil Families,” posted Darshan Thoogudeepa on his Twitter account.
“Very upsetting to hear that demise of #anil&uday.. Anil worked wth me in Hebbuli..Silent n a very hard worker.. really sad. RIP,” tweeted Kichcha Sudeepa.
“Iam really shocked,extremely broken… can’t believe this,my god!how can this happen,RIP Anil and Uday,” said Ganesh.
“Such heartbreaking news.. really upset about it..very hardworking and dedicated people… may ur soul RIP,” said Chiranjeevi Sarja .
“A very sad day for all of us. Nothing is important than life. Even a smallest stunt, before being performed, needs lot of training and lots of safety measures with backups. It is very saddening to know the demise of two most hard working actors. Anil and Uday, may your soul rest in peace,” Rakshit Shetty posted on his Facebook page.
“Absolutely shocking!! Wondering where the rescue boats were while they were struggling to get to the..,” said Aindrita Ray.
“RIP Uday and Anil . But it’s hard to believe why no safety precautions were taken . Negligence ??,” tweeted Sharmiela Mandre .