Stunt choreographer Ravi Verma and film director Nagashekar surrendered at the Magadi Road police station in Bengaluru on Saturday. Both had gone absconding fearing arrest in connection with the death of two young actors, Anil Kumar and Raghava Uday, who died while shooting the Mastigudi climax scene on Monday.
Ravi, Nagashekar along with assistant director Siddu surrendered before Circle Inspector Sandeep. According to a TV report, Ravi and Nagashekar met Duniya Vijay at the latter’s residence and he is the one who convinced them to surrender before the police.
Mastigudi producer Sundar Gowda has already been held by police as part of the investigation into the incident. Vijay and other members of the film fraternity have strongly opposed to making the film producer as accused No.1 in the case, while Nagashekar has been named accused No.2 and Ravi Verma accused No.4.
WATCH VIDEO: Movie Stunt Gone Wrong: 2 Kannada Actors Feared Dead After Jumping Into A Lake
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Talking to a TV channel Vijay said, “Sundar Gowda is not responsible or whatsoever as to what happened to Anil and Uday during the shooting. He is just a producer, who has taken loans to fund Mastigudi film in respect of my friendship.”
Anil and Uday drowned in the Thippagondanahalli lake on Monday after they jumped off the chopper into the dam as part of an action sequence. The shooting took place in blatant violation of the conditions laid down by the authorities concerned and with great disregard to the safety of the actors involved.
A team of more than 50 members from multiple rescue agencies took almost four days to retrieve the bodies of the victims from the reservoir. On Thursday, Anil and Uday were laid to rest in Bengaluru.
The film crew has been booked under various sections of the IPC including 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention).The filmmakers have also been booked under Section 188 of IPC for not following the conditions laid down by the BWSSB. An investigation into the death of the two actors is being headed by the team led by Inspector Anil Kumar.