Kannada actor Duniya Vijay’s problems seem to be far from over as on Tuesday he was arrested by police on charges of assaulting an elderly man and was later released on bail. Complainant Jayaram has accused Vijay of slapping and kicking him following a heated argument over a family dispute. Jayaram is the father-in-law of Shankar Gowda, brother of Sundar Gowda, who is the producer of Vijay’s upcoming film Mastigudi.
Sundar Gowda has been held at the Ramanagaram prison by police after two young Kannada actors died while shooting the climax scene for Mastigudi, which is bankrolled by him. Since Vijay is close to Gowda’s family, he intervened to support Shankar in their family matter. According to the reports, Shankar and Jayaram’s daughter Manasa came to know each other through Facebook and got married a few months ago, However, their relationship hit rough waters due to differences prompting other family members to intervene to sort out the differences between the couple.
When Jayaram visited Shankar’s house at Chennammanakere Achchukattu in Banashankari III Stage to discuss the matter, Vijay also arrived there.The actor supported Shankar, which led to a heated exchange between him and Jayaram. Vijay lost his cool and assaulted the 55-year-old man and he collapsed on the spot. Following which, Jayaram was taken to a hospital.
In his complaint, Jayaram has alleged that his daughter has been subjected to domestic violence at Shankar’s house and he is worried about her safety and well-being. He has also accused Vijay of repeatedly assaulting him and abusing him. Based on his complaint, police held Vijay under IPC sections 321 (voluntarily causing hurt), 341(wrongful restraint), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) and 506 (criminal intimidation). Later the Kannada actor was released on bail with a warning.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce had also issued a temporary ban against Vijay along with Mastigudi director Nagashekhar and stunt director Ravi Varma, following the death Anil Kumar and Raghava Uday.