Kamal Haasan on his split with Gautami: Indecent someone issued a statement in my name

Kamal Haasan has denied that he issued a statement on his split with Gautami. He has slammed a statement doing the rounds as 'unethical'.

By: Express Web Desk | Hyderabad | Updated: November 20, 2016 9:50 pm
kamal hassan, kamal hassan Gautami split, kamal Gautami split, Gautami kamal hassan breakup, kamal hassan news, Gautami kamal hassan news, gautami blog, tollywood news, kollywood news, entertainment news Kamal Haasan and Gautami speaking at an event

Veteran star Kamal Haasan has claimed that he has not issued a statement on his split with Gautami. Haasan’s response came in the wake of a statement doing the rounds on the social media in his name on the pair’s split after 13 years of living together.

“At this point of time, I am not issuing any statement,” he said, in an apparent reference to his split with Gautami. The 61 year-old actor also said that someone was “playing” by issuing a statement in his name. “It is indecent that someone is playing by issuing a statement in my name,” the actor-producer said in a Tamil tweet.

“Someone has used my name and issued (false) statements. This is unethical. I do not want to comment on this,” the actor posted on Twitter in Tamil.

Earlier in the day, reports in various media outlets carried that the superstar said that he respects Gautami’s feelings and considers himself the luckiest father in the world. A news report quoted Kamal Haasan saying that he is ready to do whatever gives her comfort and solace. The discredited statement also mentioned that Gautami and Subbu (daughter Subbulakshmi) were foremost for him.

Also read | After 13 years, Kamal Haasan and Gautami call it quits

Gautami on Wednesday expressed her feelings about ending the relation through a heartfelt blog titled ‘Life and decision’. She wrote that the decision was inevitable and a difficult one to make considering how their paths were ‘irreversibly diverged’.

“It is never easy for anyone in a committed relationship to realise that their paths have irreversibly diverged and that the only choices in front of them are to either compromise with their dreams for life or to accept the truth of their solitude and move ahead,” she wrote in her blog.

Gautami divorced her first husband in 1999 and was in a live-in relationship with Kamal since 2005. Both the actors didn’t want to get hitched citing their lack of faith in the institution of marriage. Gautami is also a cancer survivor. She was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 35. However, Kamal and her friends helped her through her tough times and eventually she beat the cancer.

Read Gauthami’s full blog below:

LIFE AND DECISIONS

November 1

It is heartbreaking for me to have to say today that I and Mr. Haasan are no longer together. After almost 13 years together, it has been one of the most devastating decisions that I have ever had to make in my life. It is never easy for anyone in a committed relationship to realise that their paths have irreversibly diverged and that the only choices in front of them are to either compromise with their dreams for life or to accept the truth of their solitude and move ahead. It has taken me a very long time, a couple of years at the very least, to accept this heartbreaking truth and come to this decision.

It is not my intention to seek sympathy or assign blame. I have understood through my life that change is inevitable and human nature will define that change for each individual.

Not all of these changes might be what we expect or anticipate but that does not, in any way, negate the very real impact of these diverging priorities in a relationship. This decision to set forth on my own at this stage in my life is perhaps one of the most difficult decisions any woman will ever have to make but it is a necessary one for me. For I am a mother first and foremost and I have a responsibility to my child to be the best mother that I can be. And to do that, it is essential that I am at peace within myself.

It is no secret that I have always been a fan of Mr. Haasan’s since before I came to the film industry and I continue to admire and cheer on his monumental talent and achievements.
I have stood by him through all his challenges and they have been precious moments for me. I have also learned a great deal from working with him as costume designer on his films and I’m proud that I was able to do justice to his creative vision in those films. Along with all of his accomplishments to date, I know that there is much more to come from him for his audience and I look forward to applauding those successes.

I would like to say that I am sharing this monumental happening in my life because I have always lived my life in your midst, with dignity and grace to the best of my ability at all times, and all of you have been a part of my life’s journey in so many ways. I have received so much of love and support from you through the past 29 years and I would like to thank you for the many ways in which you kept me going through the darkest and most painful times in my life.

With love and regards,

Gautami

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App now

First Published on: November 2, 2016 2:54 pm
  1. J
    Joseph
    Nov 2, 2016 at 4:30 pm
    Include this epic relationship in the text book of tamilnadu students. Let the future generations benefit!
      Anirudh
      Nov 2, 2016 at 5:53 pm
      A lot of the media speculations surround Shruti Haasan's role in the separation of Kamal Haasan and Gautami. Gautami had on Nov 1st shared her blog where she broke the news of the separation, she went on the explain that the decision was hers as their views had diverged over time. Kamal Haasan has maintained a dignified silence on the issue. lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;News began circulating in the media that Shruti Haasan and Gautami's tiffs are the reason for the separation. This was amplified as there were reports of a showdown on the sets over costumes a few months back. Though a clarification was put forward, there were few takers for the same. With the latest news, the media found a convenient villain in Shruti Haasan and started spreading rumours about her role. lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;The fact is that the relationship between them has always been cordial and neither party has ever spoken out about the other and all the reported tiffs are either small issues blown out of proportions or manufactured for the lack of real news. They recently celebrated at a private event and the images speak volumes on their affection towards each other.
        Arunachalam Iyer
        Nov 2, 2016 at 4:32 pm
        Let us not criticise, comment on any one's personal life. Adore him and Gautami as good actors. Beyond that it is individuals personal affair. No one has a right to comment Kindly refrain
        1. B
          Bunny Rabbit
          Nov 2, 2016 at 1:47 pm
          Pah !!! what a news of national importance.
          1. J
            JKG
            Nov 12, 2016 at 7:18 pm
            who gives a rat's about Kamal Han and Gatami... we need to worry about our own families... I can't believe they sta together for 13years without marriage.... that's not indian tradition.
              PS Rao
              Nov 3, 2016 at 2:25 am
              gautami,,,,,life is a journey in train,,generelm compartment,,,,till berth is confirmed dont get down in next station,,,,,,,kamal has a big heart,,,,pionate ,,,u must join him and rather surrender to him......it will be a sunami ...of fun....alla kasuille,,,kadal apidi enna kadavali ke kooda teriyadu...
                PS Rao
                Nov 3, 2016 at 2:20 am
                mr kamal hasan,,,till the destination ,,u should have continued the journey,,,any way never toolate,,,pinnala koopudungo,,,all best.seeing ur role in nayakan,,i spoiled my life colour,,,,pl call me ..
                1. T
                  T Sundaresan
                  Nov 3, 2016 at 7:36 am
                  who cares about the relationship of 60 year old man? everyone is worried about themself than the actors now-a-days??? God Bless Tamil Nadu!
                    sushi
                    Nov 3, 2016 at 8:58 am
                    Why should anyone refrain? Its a blog/news shared with public and they are famous. So everyone has the right to comment.
                    1. V
                      Valentine
                      Nov 2, 2016 at 3:18 pm
                      You reap what you sow. Gautami was a fool to sleep with Kamal Han, the womaniser.