Tamil superstar Kamal Haasan’s much anticipated movie “Uttama Villain” faced roadblock at the 11th hour of its release following financial issues, making his die-hard fans furious.
While there was no official word from the producers about the reason for the film not hitting the theatres for its first show at 9 am, the industry was abuzz that financial issues had stalled the release.
However, Kamal Haasan’s publicist Nikil Murugan said that ‘talks’ were on in full swing to clear roadblocks and that the multi-crore venture will hit the silver screen soon. “Talks are going on (in) full swing. Good news will be announced very soon,” he said on micro-blogging site Twitter.
- Delayed release impacts Kamal Haasan's 'Uttama Villain' at box office
- Kamal Haasan's 'Uttama Villain' finally hits screens
- Uttama Villain release delayed, early morning shows cancelled
- 'Uttama Villain' made me better human being: Ramesh Aravind
- Kamal Haasan's 'Uttama Villain' to release April 2
- Kamal Haasan will have three releases in 2015
The delay angered Kamal Hassan’s fans as they had queued up in good numbers to catch a glimpse of their actor after a considerable gap.
They staged a road blockade here and raised slogans.
“Uthama Villain”, which had overcome legal tangles when VHP sought a ban against the movie raising some objections over the portrayal of Lord Vishnu, has created a buzz in the film circles. The High Court had declined to stay the movie.
Directed by actor Ramesh Aravind, the film also stars veteran director and Dadasaheb Phalke recipient, the late K Balachander, Pooja Kumar, Urvasi and othes. Gibran had scored the music.