Fresh from the massive success of ‘Charlie’ and post his winning of the Kerala state award for best actor for the same, Dulquer Salmaan, who is fast turning out to be Malayalam cinema’s most bankable star, is ready for his next release – Kali.
The trailer of the film, in which Dulquer plays an angry and brooding lead, was released on YouTube on Tuesday and has attracted more than 3.2 lakh views in less than 24 hours.
The trailer reflects pretty much the name of the film ‘Kali’ – a slang in Malayalam for anger. Dulquer, who stars opposite Sai Pallavi of ‘Premam’ fame for the first time, is seen playing a character who has ‘anger at the tip of his nose’ – a phrase used in the local language for a person who is extremely hot-tempered. Through most of the trailer, Dulquer huffs and puffs, fuming and frustrated at the people around him although there are tiny glimpses of his romantic relationship with Sai Pallavi.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
‘Kali’ is clearly a contrast from ‘Charlie’ in which Dulquer played a happy-go-lucky man, dressed in bohemian attire, who wandered from place to place trying to make other people happy. Perhaps this is a conscious decision taken by the actor to portray before his audience the varying wavelengths of his acting prowess.
‘Kali’, directed by Sameer Thahir and written by Rajesh Gopinathan, releases on March 26.