Film fans from across Kerala, fellow artistes and family members on Monday bid adieu to versatile actor Kalabhavan Mani who died on Sunday evening. His mortal remains were consigned to flames with full state honours at his home town Chalakkudi in Thrissur district as a huge crowd stood teary-eyed.
Earlier in the day, postmortem was held in Thrissur after the police registered a case of unnatural death. Doctors at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, where the actor was admitted on Saturday, had detected traces of methyl alcohol in his blood, which led to registering the case of unnatural death.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Police sources said Mani was suffering from an advanced stage of liver cirrhosis. However, the cause of death could be ascertained only from the chemical examination of viscera and internal organs.
The mimicry artiste-turned actor, who had acted in 200-odd Malayalam films, has been staying at an outhouse within his farm at Chalakkady for last few weeks.
“He used to drink heavily despite the warning from doctors. On Friday night also Mani had heavily boozed along with his friends,’’ police sources said.
Also read: Malayalam actor Kalabhavan dead
Police said they had questioned his five friends who were reportedly along with Mani hours before he was found unconscious at the outhouse. “They all have stated about the drinking party at the outhouse. However, they could not give any explanation about the presence of methyl alcohol in Man’s blood. Officials of the excise department also searched the outhouse due to the suspicion that they used spurious liquor at the farm house,’’ police sources said.