M. Manikandan-directed National Award winning Tamil drama “Kaaka Muttai”, about the adventures of two street urchins for their first bite of pizza, has turned out to be a sleeper hit by setting the cash registers ringing.
“The film has performed phenomenally at the box office. Initially, the makers hoped it will be liked by the multiplexes audiences alone, but it has even floored the masses. In the first week in India, it has approximately collected Rs.7.1 crore,” trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
- 'Kaaka Muttai' makers to provide financial aid for film's kids
- Meeting M.S. Dhoni dream come true for 'Kaaka Muttai' kids
- Karan Johar moved by 'Kaaka Muttai'
- 'Kaaka Muttai' takes the box office by storm
- "Kaaka Muttai" made me proud even before release: Dhanush
- Dhanush 'proud' with Kaaka Muttai's two National Awards
Starring child actors Vignesh and Ramesh, the film was jointly produced by actor Dhanush and filmmaker Vetrimaaran.
Aishwarya Rajesh essayed an important role as the mother of the children.
Presented by Fox Star Studios, the film has turned out to be one of the most profitable Tamil films of the year.