Ending weeks of speculations, Thenandal Films has confirmed that Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s 61st film will be helmed by young director Atlee. The production house hopes to recreate the previous success of the actor-director.
According to the reports, the makers have zeroed in on Nayanthara to play the female lead in the film.
The said project of Thenandal Films has been creating enough buzz in the Kollywood due to the big names attached to it. K V Vijayendra Prasad, noted screenplay writer and father of maverick filmmaker S S Rajamouli, has penned the script for Vijay’s next film.
Previously, Vijayendra has written screenplay for blockbusters like Bollywood superstar Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Rajamouli’s magnum opus Baahubali: The Beginning and Magadheera.
While some reports claim that Oscar-winner A R Rahman has been tapped to compose music for the film, other reports suggest that the makers are likely to go ahead with GV Prakash, who has worked in Atlee’s two previous films. Prakash was the music director for Atlee’s debut film Raja Rani and Theri.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Earlier this year, Vijay and Atlee delivered this year’s second biggest hit Theri. Although, the film received mixed reviews from the critics, the film went on to become biggest blockbuster at the worldwide box office.
The film also helped Vijay to raise the stakes in the Kollywood box office game, so much so that producers and distributors were vying for the Tamil Nadu theatrical rights of his upcoming film Bairavaa. However, eventually, Sri Green Productions bagged the rights of the film at an undisclosed price, which is touted to be the third highest price ever paid for a Vijay-starrer. Meanwhile, Arun Pandian’s A&P Groups will release Vijay’s 60th film in overseas market.
Bairavaa is fast nearing the completion as the film is set to hit the screens on Pongal next year. which is directed by Bharathan. The film is produced under the Vijaya Productions banner and has music from Santhosh Narayanan. The film also stars Keerthy Suresh, Satish, Aparna Vinod and Y G Mahendran in important roles.