Actor-director Venkat Prabhu has assured fans that his uncle, eminent music composer Ilayaraja, who was admitted to hospital here, is doing fine and will be back home today.
The music director, 72, was hospitalised on Friday after he complained of unease. Prabhu said Ilayaraja was undergoing normal tests at the hospital and it was nothing serious.
“For all isaignani fans and well wishers out there!! Raja pa is absolutely fine!! Just a general check up and few tests! He is back home today,” Prabhu posted on twitter.
- Ilaiyaraaja, Karthik Raja and Yuvan Shankar Raja join hands for Vijay Sethupathi, Seenu Ramaswamy film
- Ilaiyaraaja sings for Maari 2 leaving Dhanush super thrilled
- Party teaser: The stage is set for a Venkat Prabhu hangover
- Music composer Ilayaraja discharged, resumes work
- Music maestro Ilayaraja admitted to Chennai hospital
- Can’t use my songs without getting rights from me: Music composer Ilayaraja
Hospital sources had earlier said that the veteran composer was being evaluated for cardiac and gastrointenstinal conditions.
The music composer in his about four decade long career has composed music for hits like “Nayagan”, “Sadma”, “Swathi Muthyam”, “Thevar Magan” and “Hey Ram”.
He is credited for integrating folk and international sensibilities in South Indian music.
He has won four National Film Awards; three for Best Music Direction and one for Best Background Score. In 2010, he was awarded with Padma Bhushan. He most recently composed music in Amitabh Bachchan starrer “Shamitabh”.