Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi has finally opened up about his role in actor Ajith’s much-awaited film. During a media interaction, the Shootout at Lokhandwala actor said that he is really excited to make his Tamil debut alongside a superstar like Ajith. Although the news about his Tamil debut was widely reported in media, there was no official confirmation until today.
“I am starting to shoot at the end of this month for my first Tamil film, with the one and only superstar Ajith. I call him Ajith anna,” said Vivek. “I am really excited to play a really kick-ass role with him (Ajith).”
The upcoming spy thriller, which is tentatively titled Thala 57, is directed by hit filmmaker Siruthai Siva. According to earlier reports, before the makers finalised Vivek, leading actors like Arvind Swami, Arjun Sarja and Sudeep were considered for the antagonist’s role. Rumour has it that the Thala 57 team even approached actor Abhishek Bachchan for the role. However, the Guru star turned down the offer for unknown reasons.
Meanwhile, just two days ago, actor Akshara Haasan joined the Thala 57 shooting in Bulgaria. “En route Bulgaria,” she tweeted on Monday. The film also stars Kajal Agarwal, who is said to be playing Ajith’s Bengali wife in the film.
Thala 57 is said to be Siva’s attempt to make James Bond-esque film in Kollywood. Even Ajith has also worked on his physique to look the part for this film, in which he is said to play a role of an Interpol officer.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
This film also marks Siva’s third collaboration with Ajith. Previously, the actor-director duo has delivered hit films like Veeram and Vedalam. The film is being produced by Sathya Jyothi Films and has music by Anirudh Ravichander.