Actor Prabhas turned 37 on Sunday. And as a birthday gift, the actor received a standing ovation at the MAMI 18th Mumbai Film Festival after director SS Rajamouli unveiled the first look poster of Baahubali: The Conclusion featuring both the avatars of Prabhas in the film, a day before.
The stardom Prabhas has managed to earn in a span of 14 years of his acting career is extraordinary. Many of his peers may deem it as an impossible feat. All thanks to the Baahubali franchise, which catapulted him to global fame almost overnight.
Baahubali: The Beginning opened new doors for the actor in terms of opportunities, popularity and finding new fans outside the south of India. Are you a new fan, and often look for his name online to learn more information about him? Here are six lesser-known facts about the Baahubali star.
1) First things first, Prabhas’s real name is Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju Uppalapati. He was born in Chennai to U Suryanarayana Raju and Siva Kumari couple. He has two siblings and is the nephew of actor Uppalapati Krishnam Raju, who could be described as Tollywood’s very own Shatrughan Sinha. Krishnam Raju is also popularly known as the Rebel Star for his rebellious acting style.
2) While there is a growing clamour for Prabhas to sign a film in Bollywood, what may have gone mostly unnoticed is the fact that he has already made his debut in Bollywood. Yes, he appeared in a cameo role in actor Ajay Devgn’s 2014 film Action Jackson, which was directed by Prabhu Deva.
3) Prabhas is engaged to an engineering student, handpicked by his parents. The details about the girl are not widely known. He was supposed to get married last year in December. However, he postponed the wedding due to his Baahubali shooting commitments. Now, that’s called dedication.
4) Prabhas’ all-time favourite Telugu film is Bhakta Kannappa, starring his uncle Krishnam Raju, which released in 1976. He loves watching films made by Rajkumar Hirani. He has watched Munna Bhai MBBS and 3 Idiots for almost 20 times reportedly. Mr. Hirani, please take note. In Hollywood, the Baahubali actor is said to be a fan of actor Robert De Niro.
5) Prabhas likes playing volleyball. He was trained by Mr. World 2010, Laxman Reddy for his role in Baahubali. The actor was told to gain a lot of pure muscle sans fat. The makers of the two-part epic series also gifted the actor gym equipments valued at Rs 1.5 crore.
6) While actors of his age are busy churning out movies and cementing their stardom in the industry and among fans, Prabhas is taking one film at a time, and right now it is only Baahubali. As simply put by Prabhas, “One Baahubali is equal to 100 films.”
For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App nowFirst Published on: October 23, 2016 12:41 pm