The latest buzz in the industry is that ace filmmaker Gautham Menon is planning to re-start his Dhruva Natchathiram project, which was initially planned with actor Suriya in the lead. What’s more, the director is in talks with versatile actor Chiyaan Vikram to revive the project.
The project will be co-produced by Ondraga Entertainment, which had also bankrolled Gautham’s latest hit Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada. The film is said to be a spy thriller on the lines of the Bourne movies and will be majorly shot in the US. The director is planning to sign other popular actors for the film. An official announcement is expected to be made soon.
Earlier, Gautham had revealed that he was in talks with Vikram but it was too early to confirm anything. The news comes days after Vikram gave his nod to Vaalu fame director Vijay Chander’s project.
Gautham’s Dhruva Natchathiram had created a lot of noise when it was first announced a few years ago. However, after the initial hype, Suriya bailed out on the project, citing creative differences. Recently talking to media while promoting his latest directorial venture AYM, the director disclosed the actual reason as to why Suriya quit the project.
“Suriya didn’t like the script as he thought it won’t click with the regional audience. He felt it was like an English movie. As a producer, I was ready to take that risk and make that English film in Tamil. But Suriya was not ready then,” he was quoted as saying to the media.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The shooting for Dhruva Natchathiram is expected to commence from early next year if everything goes according to the plan.
Meanwhile, Gautham is wrapping up his next film Enai Noki Paayum Thota, which has Dhanush in the lead role. Vikram will start shooting for his untitled project with director Vijay.