Working with superstar Rajinikanth is every filmmaker’s dream and director Gautham Menon is no exception. The director, who is now basking in the success of two back-to-back hits, is very keen on doing a film with the Thalaivar and efforts to make it happen are also underway.
During a special television talk show, Gautham revealed that he was hopeful of signing Rajinikanth for his next film before the actor green-lit Pa Ranjith’s film Kabali. When asked who would he pick between Rajinikanth and Mammootty to play the lead role in his next film, Gautham, without thinking twice, named the Enthiran star.
“I am keen on working with Rajinikanth sir. I have even met him a few times and narrated stories,” he said on the show aired on Sun TV that discussed the success of his latest film Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada. “Before Kabali, I had narrated a story to Rajinikanth and for a day I thought I was his next director. But later that evening, I got the news that Rajinikanth was doing Ranjith’s film.” Kabali, the gangster drama, went on to become the biggest money churner for its Kollywood filmmakers this year.
AYM has emerged as a winner at the box office despite the ongoing nationwide cash crunch and also gave its lead actor Simbu the much-needed success. The actor’s career had been going through a rough patch for over three years now. However, now things are looking up for the actor.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The lead role played by Simbu in the romantic thriller is named after Rajinikanth. It was one of the surprises in the film as Gautham kept the name of the protagonist a secret till the climax. AYM was the second hit in a row for Gautham after last year’s Yennai Arindhaal, which had Ajith in the lead.
Gautham is currently shooting for his next directorial outing Enai Noki Paayum Thota, in which actor Dhanush is playing the lead. The film has Megha Akash as its female lead and Yuvan Shankar Raja has scored music for the film.