The father of South Indian actress Amala Paul, who recently got engaged to Tamil film director A L Vijay, today said the couple had only offered prayers at a church at nearby Aluva.
In a letter to the Varapuzha archdiocese, Paul Varghese, the father said the two had gone to the church to offer prayers and no bethrothal ceremony was held. A sectionof the media had misinformed saying the bethrothal ceremony was held, he stated.
The clarification comes in the wake of protests from a section of the faithful that the church had allowed the bethrothal ceremony of the actress to a non-Christian inside the church.
They had stated that a facility denied to them was given to Amala only because she was an actor.
The two are set to get married as per Hindu traditions in Chennai.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016