The father of South Indian actress Amala Paul, who recently got engaged to Tamil film director A L Vijay, today said the couple had only offered prayers at a church at nearby Aluva.
In a letter to the Varapuzha archdiocese, Paul Varghese, the father said the two had gone to the church to offer prayers and no bethrothal ceremony was held. A sectionof the media had misinformed saying the bethrothal ceremony was held, he stated.
The clarification comes in the wake of protests from a section of the faithful that the church had allowed the bethrothal ceremony of the actress to a non-Christian inside the church.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
They had stated that a facility denied to them was given to Amala only because she was an actor.
The two are set to get married as per Hindu traditions in Chennai.