As 2016 draws to a close, the much-awaited star wedding of the Malayalam film industry has finally happened. Beloved onscreen couple Dileep and Kavya Madhavan tied the knot without a lot of fanfare on Friday in a private wedding at a hotel in Kochi.
The wedding marks the culmination of many years of gossip that eventually influenced Dileep and Kavya’s decision to enter the wedlock. For years, Kavya was accused of being the ‘other woman’ in Dileep’s life. The Malayalam media and industry had been pre-occupied with the love triangle story between Manju Warrier, Dileep and Kavya. The rumour mills ran overtime churning out speculations to feed the hunger pangs of the fans.
Irrespective of the occasion, the one question that never failed to pop up during Dileep’s media interaction was about his alleged link-up with Kavya. And the situation was no different for Kavya too. A simple Google search for the names of the actors will throw up several speculated stories about their relationship and their impending wedding.
Although the relationship between Dileep and Kavya has always been under intense media scrutiny, all hell broke loose when Dileep and Manju filed for divorce in 2014.
Following a whirlwind romance, Manju married Dileep in 1998. Back then, she was one of the top actresses in the industry. Manju made her acting debut in 1995 with Sakshyam and in the next four years, she would act in about 20 films. While she was a rising star in the industry, Dileep was still a struggling actor.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
However, following her marriage to Dileep, Manju stopped acting in films after 1999 film Kannezhuthi Pottum Thottu. She completely retreated from public life around the time Dileep’s popularity began to grow in the industry.
Before he made it big in his acting career, Dileep was a mimicry artiste. Meanwhile, Kavya debuted as a leading lady with 1999 film Chandranudikkunna Dikhil, which had Dileep in the lead role. Since then the couple has worked in as many as 21 films, making them one of the most loved and the gossiped-about onscreen pair of the Malayalam film industry.
In 2009, Kavya moved to Kuwait after getting married to actor and businessman Nishal Chandra. However, she returned to Kerala a few months later only to officially part ways with her former husband in 2011.
Kavya’s short-lived marriage provided more speculation fodder for the media and fans.
In January last year, Manju and Dileep officially ended their marriage. And obviously, Kavya was suspected to be the deal-breaker. Their separation came in the backdrop of reports suggesting that Manju and Dileep had been living separately even as they denied a rift in their relationship publicly.
After her separation from Dileep became public, Manju made a solid comeback in public life. She got active on Facebook, started pursuing her passion for classical dance again, appeared in television ads and returned to the big screen in 2014 with How Old Are You? While she was actively restarting her career that she voluntarily ended 16 years ago, Dileep and Kavya were battling the relationship questions from the media and fans.
“The only crime that we have committed is that we have acted in some 20 films together… but she has always been a victim of gossip and has been portrayed as being responsible for the break up of my marriage. These gossips pop up whenever my film is due for release,” Dileep told the media present at his wedding on Friday.
He implied that the never-ending gossip about his link-up with Kavya was the main reason for his decision to marry her. However, he also said that the wedding had blessings of both their families and especially from his daughter, Meenakshi.
Meenakshi is the daughter of Dileep and Manju.