Just two days ahead of the release, the trailer of the much-awaited film Ekkadiki Pothavu Chinnavada was released on Wednesday. The film, which was slated to hit the screens on November 11 was postponed by a week after the Central government decided to kill the high-value currency notes.
While most of the big-ticket films have skipped the release in November to let the dust of demonetisation settle, filmmakers of the upcoming supernatural thriller are going ahead with the release as there will be no competition at the box office at least for the next two weeks. The makers of Bethaludu, starring Vijay Antony, has pushed up the release date to December 2, and the release of Intlo Deyyam Nakem Bhayam, which has Allari Naresh in the lead, has been postponed indefinitely.
The teaser of Ekkadiki Pothavu Chinnavada had already created enough curiosity among the moviegoers with its element of suspense and the trailer is just an extension of the teaser with no major surprises. Besides building up to a supernatural mystery, the trailer also gives a sneak peek of the characters, their beliefs and struggles.
Ekkadiki Pothavu Chinnavada is written and directed by Vi Anand and produced by PV Rao under the Meghana Arts banner. The film has Nikhil Siddharth, Nandita Swetha and Hebah Patel in lead roles and has music by Sekhar Chandra. Last week, actor Rana Daggubati released the audio of the film online. “Take pride in launching the audio of @actor_Nikhil ‘s next!! Film releases Nov 18th!! #EPC.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
— Rana Daggubati (@RanaDaggubati) November 11, 2016
With the ongoing cash crunch, the film’s box office success largely depends on advance booking.
For instance, Simbu’s recent release Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada had a terrific first weekend due to its solid pre-bookings of tickets. However, the occupancy dropped for the film later.