Malayalam heartthrob Dulquer Salmaan has given a green signal for a project in the language with actor-filmmaker Pratap Pothen. This yet-untitled project will have story by writer-director Anjali Menon.
On his Facebook page, Pratap revealed that he’s excited to be collaborating with a “dream team”.
“Dulquer was my choice not because he’s Mammootty’s son. But I’ve seen his films ‘Ustad Hotel’, ‘Ok Kanmani’ and I was captivated by him. I got the same feeling I had when I saw his father (and knew) he was going to head for greater things,” Pothen wrote.
- Anurag Kashyap ropes in Dulquer Salmaan for a love triangle with Taapsee Pannu and Vicky Kaushal
- Karwan: Dulquer Salmaan wraps his first Bollywood project with Irrfan Khan and Mithila Palkar. See photos
- Dulquer Salmaan: I don't take my stardom and success seriously
- Arjun Reddy star Shalini Pandey bags Dulquer Salmaan's next Tamil film
- Dulquer Salmaan on Solo climax controversy: It is like taking away creativity from an artiste
- Solo teaser: Dulquer Salmaan shares a charming chemistry with Sai Dhanshika
He also said he was extremely happy to be teaming up with Anjali and cinematographer-director Rajeev Ravi.
Reportedly, the film is a modern-day romantic tale set against one of beach destinations in Kerala.
The film, which will be produced by Global United Media, is expected to go on the floors early next year.