Malayalam heartthrob Dulquer Salmaan has given a green signal for a project in the language with actor-filmmaker Pratap Pothen. This yet-untitled project will have story by writer-director Anjali Menon.
On his Facebook page, Pratap revealed that he’s excited to be collaborating with a “dream team”.
“Dulquer was my choice not because he’s Mammootty’s son. But I’ve seen his films ‘Ustad Hotel’, ‘Ok Kanmani’ and I was captivated by him. I got the same feeling I had when I saw his father (and knew) he was going to head for greater things,” Pothen wrote.
- Gujarat: LPG scheme launched from Patidar village
- From Canada, an NRI kid returns with a dream: to play U-17 football World Cup in India jersey
- Congress thanks Sushma Swaraj for ‘stating hard facts about India, Pak’ at UN
- Activist detained before Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani's visit to Vadodara
- Like other great men, PM Modi took pledge from Gujarat, says CM Vijay Rupani
- The best thing for me is to stick to my gameplan, says Ajinkya Rahane
He also said he was extremely happy to be teaming up with Anjali and cinematographer-director Rajeev Ravi.
Reportedly, the film is a modern-day romantic tale set against one of beach destinations in Kerala.
The film, which will be produced by Global United Media, is expected to go on the floors early next year.