Malayalam heartthrob Dulquer Salmaan has given a green signal for a project in the language with actor-filmmaker Pratap Pothen. This yet-untitled project will have story by writer-director Anjali Menon.
On his Facebook page, Pratap revealed that he’s excited to be collaborating with a “dream team”.
“Dulquer was my choice not because he’s Mammootty’s son. But I’ve seen his films ‘Ustad Hotel’, ‘Ok Kanmani’ and I was captivated by him. I got the same feeling I had when I saw his father (and knew) he was going to head for greater things,” Pothen wrote.
- Sonam Kapoor and Dulquer Salmaan’s The Zoya Factor to release in April next year
- Irrfan Khan and Dulquer Salmaan starrer Karwaan to release on June 1
- Confirmed! Dulquer Salmaan to star opposite Sonam Kapoor in film adaptation of Zoya Factor
- Dulquer Salmaan nails Gemini Ganesan look in Mahanati. See photo
- Anurag Kashyap ropes in Dulquer Salmaan for a love triangle with Taapsee Pannu and Vicky Kaushal
- Dulquer Salmaan on Solo climax controversy: It is like taking away creativity from an artiste
He also said he was extremely happy to be teaming up with Anjali and cinematographer-director Rajeev Ravi.
Reportedly, the film is a modern-day romantic tale set against one of beach destinations in Kerala.
The film, which will be produced by Global United Media, is expected to go on the floors early next year.