Actress Pia Bajpai, who sported a bikini for an advertisement, believes one need not necessarily have a great body to wear a bikini.
“No matter how you look, if you’re comfortable with your own body, anybody can sport a bikini. When you’re confident about how you look, trust me it isn’t difficult to slip into a bikini,” Pia told IANS.
In an advertisement of music app Gaana, Pia wore a bikini for a beach sequence.
“Although I never got to wear a bikini in my films so far, I agreed to do this ad because the concept was beautiful. The ad was shot in Spain on a beach, and it made sense to appear in a bikini. I wasn’t forced to do it,” she said.
Pia admits she was quite comfortable in the bikini, but she did experience cold feet initially.
- International No Diet Day: 5 fashion controversies on body-shaming
- Commonwealth Games 2018: No beach volleyball for India
- Pia Bajpai on going bald for Abhiyum Anuvum: Real actors will score big even if they don’t look their best
- Randeep Hooda is chilled out, says Pia Bajpai
- Different Strokes
- Bikini beauties to frolic on British PM’s doorstep
“In the trials, I did get a little apprehensive, but when I saw women walking naked on the beach, I really didn’t mind wearing a bikini.
Currently shooting for her Bollywood debut film “Yeh Laal Rang”, she’s willing to sport a bikini in films too, but not before she knows how she’ll be portrayed.
“I have no qualms in wearing a bikini, as long as I’m not portrayed cheaply. My decision to wear or not to wear a bikini will depend on the director and cinematographer of the film because they will be responsible for how I look on screen,” she said.