Ending days of speculations, Hollywood director Fede Alvarez has said that the talks for Tamil remake of his latest hit film, Don’t Breathe, are on. Fede confirmed the news on Twitter, while responding to a question. “All true! (And exciting),” he tweeted.
According to reports, actor Vikram is the frontrunner for Stephen Lang’s role in Don’t Breathe and director Anand Shankar is likely to helm the remake version of the Hollywood blockbuster.
Reports also claim that Gnanavel Raja of Studio Green will be producing the project of Vikram and Anand, who recently delivered one of this year’s top grossing films, Iru Mugan.
The team, however, is keeping everyone in suspense over the Tamil remake. If speculations are to be believed, the film should go on the floors in December, even as Vikram has already started a special diet to lose weight in preparation for the role.
All true! (And exciting) http://t.co/UtCMfNKTiQ
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
— Fede Alvarez (@fedalvar) October 20, 2016
The housebound crime thriller received rave reviews from the media and fans alike and has grossed $147 million in its worldwide theatrical box office collection. Don’t Breathe is a story about three wanna-be thieves, who try to rob a blind man of his money by breaking into his house. However, it is too late before they realise that the sick old man is not as helpless as they think he is. The film recounts the struggles of the thieves as they are trapped in a house with a blind assassin with uncanny skills.
Talk about playing a blind assassin, nobody in Tamil can do a better job than Vikram. He has already pulled off one such performance in 2012 film Thandavam, in which he goes on a killing spree using echolocation.
After finishing the movie with Anand, Vikram will start shooting for the sequel to his 2003 hit film Saamy, which will be directed by Hari.