It is almost official. Actor Chiyaan Vikram will be reprising Stephen Lang’s role in the Tamil remake of Hollywood film Don’t Breathe. The actor was recently caught by the shutterbugs in his new look from his upcoming film.
In the picture, which is creating quite a buzz on social media, the actor is sporting a thick beard and has got shredded physique in preparation for his role in the remake of the super hit Hollywood thriller. And he surely reminds of Stephen Lang in the makeover.
Just weeks ago, Hollywood director Fede Alvarez had said that talks for the Tamil remake of his film Don’t Breathe were on. Fede confirmed the news on Twitter while responding to a question. “All true! (And exciting),” he tweeted.
While Vikram playing the role of a blind assassin in the Tamil remake has been widely reported by the media, the makers are yet to officially announce the project. According to reports, the film will be helmed by Anand Shankar, who gave this year’s one of the box office blockbusters Iru Mugan with Vikram in the lead role.
The Tamil remake will have some changes from the original Hollywood film to suit the sensibilities of the native audience and will be shot in the scenic hill stations like Ooty or Kodaikanal, said reports. Vikram has also been on a special diet to lose weight to play the role as the shooting for the film is expected to commence from December.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The housebound crime thriller, Don’t Breathe, received rave reviews and grossed $147 million in its worldwide theatrical box office collection. Don’t Breathe is the story about three amature thieves, who try to rob a blind man of his money by breaking into his house. However, it is too late before they realise that the sick old man is not as helpless as they think he is. The film recounts the struggles of the thieves as they are trapped in a house with a blind assassin with uncanny skills.
Talk about playing a blind assassin, nobody in Tamil can do a better job than Vikram. He has already pulled off one such performance in 2012 film Thandavam, in which he goes on a killing spree using echolocation.
After finishing the movie with Anand, Vikram will start shooting for the sequel to his 2003 hit film Saamy, which will be directed by Hari.