In an explosive remark, Tamil director Ameer has questioned superstar Rajinikanth’s integrity after the latter expressed solidarity with the Modi government’s ban on Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes. Commending the government’s decision Rajinikanth had tweeted,”Hats off @narendramodi ji. New india is born #JaiHind,”
Reacting sharply to Rajinikanth’s comments about demonetisation, Ameer claimed that while Rajinikanth has remained tight-lipped about other problems in our country, he has come forward to praise Modi’s new policy. “India has faced a lot of injustices in the past and Rajinikanth never issued a statement on any of them. Now he has appreciated and welcomed Modi’s demonetisation move because of his long time friendship with the latter. He says ‘New India is born’. Dear Rajinikanth, in the old India, your film Kabali was released. Can you submit the box office collections and the remuneration you were paid for the film in black and white? We all know that Kabali tickets were sold at high prices against the government regulate rates,” Ameer said at a public meeting.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
WATCH VIDEO: India Queues Up Outside ATMs
He also claimed that Narendra Modi became the prime minister because of the support that was provided by Rajinikanth and Pawan Kalyan. Modi’s demonetisation scheme has received mixed reviews, while celebrities have mostly praised the PM’s bold move. Not just Rajinikanth, even Kamal Haasan, Suriya and Dhanush among others in Kollywood have expressed their support for the government’s action to check the menace of black money.
Actor Vijay, however, was not in complete awe of Modi’s decision. While appreciating the Centre for its efforts to improve India’s economy, he also pointed out the shortcomings of the government in implementing the ban on high-value currency notes that has mostly affected the common people.