The digitally restored and re-mastered version of Ram Gopal Varma‘s cult Telugu film “Siva” will be re-released in cinemas on May 15. The makers spent over a year on the restoration process.
“The film was supposed to be released last year, but due to some delay in the restoration process it was postponed. It’s finally releasing on May 15. The film will release in good number of theatres in Andhra and Telangana,” Ram Gopal Varma told IANS.
- Ram Gopal Varma on Sri Reddy: I will work with her if there’s a role for her
- Sri Reddy is as great as Ashoka the Great, says Ram Gopal Varma
- Officer teaser: RGV’s touch missing in Nagarjuna’s cop film
- Happy Birthday Ram Gopal Varma: From Sridevi to gangsters, here are his top five obsessions
- RGV is overwhelmed by the opportunity to helm an Akhil Akkineni film
- Nagarjuna shoots for Ram Gopal Varma’s cop movie in Mumbai
In 2014, Akkineni Nagarjuna-starrer “Siva” celebrated its silver jubilee year.
The film, which originally released in 1989, was about the involvement of local mafia in college politics. It catapulted the careers of Ram Gopal Varma and Nagarjuna to great heights.
The movie also stars Amala Akkineni, J.D Chakravarthy, Raghuvaran, Kota Srinivasa Rao and Tanikella Bharani in important roles.