The digitally restored and re-mastered version of Ram Gopal Varma‘s cult Telugu film “Siva” will be re-released in cinemas on May 15. The makers spent over a year on the restoration process.
“The film was supposed to be released last year, but due to some delay in the restoration process it was postponed. It’s finally releasing on May 15. The film will release in good number of theatres in Andhra and Telangana,” Ram Gopal Varma told IANS.
- Photo: Ram Gopala Varma, Nagarjuna are coming back together after two decades
- Lakshmi’s NTR: Ram Gopal Varma releases first look of his biopic on N. T. Rama Rao
- RGV’s Lakshmi’s NTR biopic plan makes TDP see red
- On Nagarajuna's 58th birthday, here are five memorable films of the actor
- Ram Gopal Varma to direct a biopic on legendary actor NTR. Will Balakrishna join him?
- Kannadigas have no pride: RGV on Baahubali 2 success in Karnataka
In 2014, Akkineni Nagarjuna-starrer “Siva” celebrated its silver jubilee year.
The film, which originally released in 1989, was about the involvement of local mafia in college politics. It catapulted the careers of Ram Gopal Varma and Nagarjuna to great heights.
The movie also stars Amala Akkineni, J.D Chakravarthy, Raghuvaran, Kota Srinivasa Rao and Tanikella Bharani in important roles.