Actor Simbu is basking in box office success after a very long time. His recent release, Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada, did good business worldwide, especially in Chennai and across Tamil Nadu despite the ongoing nationwide cash crunch.
According to reports, the film, which was released on November 11, has so far collected Rs 23 crore in Tamil Nadu alone. The film has raked in Rs 5 crore at the Chennai box office, which is said to be Simbu’s career best collection. The film’s box office fate was known from its opening day itself, given the huge reception it got at the theatres despite being released after a long delay.
Looking at the response to the film on the release day, director Gautham Menon termed AYM as a blockbuster, while thanking the fan. “Thank you for all the love & making #AYM a BLOCKBUSTER.The effort, the wait, the issues-all feel justified.A big thank you from me & STR,” he tweeted.
Simbu’s team on Tuesday reacted very differently to the success of AYM. The reaction was critical of other films and stars in the light of Simbu’s latest success.
“Admin :Disastrous flop movies are mentioning as blockbusters, what would u call #AYM ?.. Better to say v are happy than mentioning verdict,” read the post on Simbu’s Twitter account.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
And reaction from Simbu’s side comes in the backdrop of Dhanush’s tweet celebrating the success of Kodi. “#kodiblockbuster25thday … thank you all for making kodi a blockbuster. Will always be grateful (sic) #kodiparakkudha,” Dhanush posted on his Twitter page recently.
— Dhanush (@dhanushkraja) November 20, 2016
Dhanush’s Kodi, which was released on Diwali, received mostly good reviews from the media and fans and also did a good business at the worldwide box office. In fact, the film was a career-best opening for Dhanush. According to reports, the film in its fourth week as collected Rs 75 crore worldwide.
— STR (@iam_str) June 25, 2016
Some of the industry observes believe, Simbu’s tweet came in response to Dhanush’s. Despite occasionally expressing their warmth to each other in public space, the actors are reportedly locked in a seemingly never-ending cold war. Only Simbu will know whether his tweet in question was aimed at taking a potshot at Dhanush or a mere coincidence.