Dhanush-starrer Tamil action-comedy ‘Vella Illa Pattatharia’ (VIP) grossed Rs.5.18 crore on the opening day in Tamil Nadu, making it the biggest ever opening in the actor’s career.
“The film, which released in over 300 theatres Friday, grossed Rs.5.18 crore. This is the best ever opening for a Dhanush film. This success is very important for Dhanush because his last two Tamil films turned out to be duds,” trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
A delighted Dhanush dedicated his “tears of joys to all”.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“I don’t know how 2 thank my fans 4 giving VIP d biggest opening of my career n making it a huge blockbuster. I dedicate my tears of joy 2 u all,” he posted on his Twitter page.
Produced by Dhanush’s home banner Wunderbar Films, VIP is about an unemployed graduate who emerges victorious in his career against all odds.
Directed by R. Velraj, the film also stars Amala Paul, Saranya Ponvannan, Samuthirakani Surabhi and Amitesh Pradhan.