Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday took the nation by surprise by announcing the government’s decision to withdraw Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes from the circulation.
The move is aimed to check the black money menace and force the hands of those who hold a huge amount of unaccounted money to declare their wealth. Modi’s “masterstroke” has been receiving praises from members of the public and celebrities alike.
Superstar Rajinikanth, who is rarely seen sharing his thoughts on the social media space, took to Twitter to applaud the government’s decision. “Hats off @narendramodi ji. New india is born #JaiHind,” he posted on his official Twitter account. Last time when he tweeted it was more than a month ago, when Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa was taken to the hospital due to her illness.
Not just him, even Ulaganayagan Kamal Hassan was all praise for Modi, as he called the move called for a celebration by the tax payers. “Salute Mr. Modi. This move has to be celebrated across political party lines. Most importantly by earnest tax payers,” he tweeted.
Actor Dhanush termed scrapping Rs 500 and Rs 1000 denomination notes as “fabulous.” “Fabulous move #ModiJi. Historical. Respect #Jaihind #Swachbharat!! #ProudIndian,” he tweeted.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Actor Suriya said that former late President APJ Abdul Kalam’s vision for India is more of a reality now. “Hats off to @narendramodi ji and his think tank..!! #DrAPJ’s #India2020 is no more a dream..!! @PMOIndia #ProudIndian #salutes,” he posted on his Twitter account.
“Dear Mr.Narendra Modi. You Sir are a legend! Every patriotic Indian will sleep well tonight.Thank you for this day Sir! #CleanIndia #JaiHind,” actor Siddharth tweeted.
“A corruption and black money free society will forever impact generations.Let us unite and make history together!,” tweeted Santhosh Narayanan.
Read what Kollywood celebrities had to say about Modi’s move against black money and corruption.
— Rajinikanth (@superstarrajini) November 8, 2016
Salute Mr. Modi. This move has to be celebrated across political party lines. Most importantly by earnest tax payers.
— Siddharth (@Actor_Siddharth) November 8, 2016
India fights black money. America rewards tax evasion. India wins. #JaiHind
— Siddharth (@Actor_Siddharth) November 9, 2016
— Dhanush (@dhanushkraja) November 8, 2016
— Suriya Sivakumar (@Suriya_offl) November 9, 2016
— Aishwaryaa.R.Dhanush (@ash_r_dhanush) November 8, 2016
Salute to the Prime Minister for this historical move. Jai Hind 🙏🇮🇳
— Anirudh Ravichander (@anirudhofficial) November 8, 2016
— Archana Kalpathi (@archanakalpathi) November 8, 2016
A corruption and black money free society will forever impact generations.Let us unite and make history together!
— Santhosh Narayanan (@Music_Santhosh) November 8, 2016
More such reactions are still coming in.