In a sensational claim, an old couple from a remote village in Tamil Nadu has created quite a stir in Kollywood. They have allegedly claimed that they are the real parents of film actor Dhanush.
According to media reports, Kathiresan and Meenaal, hailing from Thiruppuvanam, have alleged that Dhanush’s real name is Kalaiyarasan and he left the house in 2002 after performing poorly in his studies. He later moved to Chennai and started acting in films with the name of Dhanush.
Kathiresan is working with the state transport department in Sivaganga district. The couple has further alleged that Dhanush hasn’t visited them since he became an actor. They claimed that they went to Chennai to meet him, but they were denied permission. The couple, meanwhile, has filed a complaint with the police and the Chief Minister’s special cell, seeking the help of the authorities “in getting their son back.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Although there is no truth to the couple’s bizarre claim, it has still left many baffled.
Dhanush is the younger son of filmmaker Kasthuri Raja. He made his debut as an actor in 2002 with Thulluvadho Ilamai, which was helmed by his director father. However, he made a mark in the film industry after starring in Kaadhal Kondein, directed by his brother Selvaraghavan and he hasn’t looked back since. He has carved a niche for himself as an actor and has won several laurels including the prestigious Best Actor National Award for playing the lead role in 2011’s Aadukalam.
Besides Tamil, he has also acted in Bollywood films Raanjhanaa and Shamitabh. And he has also been roped in to play the lead role in Hollywood movie titled The Extraordinary Journey Of The Fakir Who Got Trapped In An Ikea Cupboard. The film will be directed by Iranian-French director Marjane Satrapi, and will also star Hollywood actor Uma Thurman, and Alexandra Daddario.
Dhanush is married to superstar Rajinikanth’s elder daughter Aishwarya and has two kids.