Actor Dhanush’s latest Tamil outing “Maari” has turned out to be a sleeper hit. To celebrate the success, he has gifted gold chains to key members of the crew, including the film’s director Balaji Mohan and co-star Vijay Yesudas.
“Dhanush gifted gold chains to director Balaji Mohan, actors Vijay Yesudas, Robo Shankar and Vinoth, among a few others from the team,” a source close to Dhanush told IANS.
- Dhanush-Balaji Mohan’s Maari 2 will be shot in Tamil and Telugu, Sai Pallavi to be heroine
- Dhanush croons for Vijay Yesudas-Bharathiraja’s Padai Veeran
- Tovino Thomas to play antagonist in Dhanush's Maari 2
- VIP 2 actor Dhanush: Would like to spread positivity through cinema
- Dhanush's 'Maari' sequel on cards
- 'Maari' fulfils how I wanted to see Dhanush onscreen, says director Balaji Mohan
This is not the first time Dhanush has been thankful to his team.
He had also gifted gold chains to his team of last year’s blockbuster “Vela Illa Pattathari” (VIP).
In “Maari”, Dhanush plays a hooligan. Although the film, which released on July 17, opened to mixed reviews, it has reportedly minted over Rs.15 crore in its opening weekend at Tamil Nadu box office.
The “Raanjhanaa” star is currently busy shooting for a yet-untitled film with VIP team and also another project with filmmaker Prabhu Solomon.