Actor Dhanush’s latest Tamil outing “Maari” has turned out to be a sleeper hit. To celebrate the success, he has gifted gold chains to key members of the crew, including the film’s director Balaji Mohan and co-star Vijay Yesudas.
“Dhanush gifted gold chains to director Balaji Mohan, actors Vijay Yesudas, Robo Shankar and Vinoth, among a few others from the team,” a source close to Dhanush told IANS.
- Ilaiyaraaja sings for Maari 2 leaving Dhanush super thrilled
- Dhanush's second directorial likely to roll in August 2018
- Maari 2: Yuvan Shankar Raja to score music for Dhanush-Balaji Mohan’s next
- Dhanush shares some fond memories from the sets of Vada Chennai. See photo
- Dhanush-Balaji Mohan’s Maari 2 will be shot in Tamil and Telugu, Sai Pallavi to be heroine
- Dhanush croons for Vijay Yesudas-Bharathiraja’s Padai Veeran
This is not the first time Dhanush has been thankful to his team.
He had also gifted gold chains to his team of last year’s blockbuster “Vela Illa Pattathari” (VIP).
In “Maari”, Dhanush plays a hooligan. Although the film, which released on July 17, opened to mixed reviews, it has reportedly minted over Rs.15 crore in its opening weekend at Tamil Nadu box office.
The “Raanjhanaa” star is currently busy shooting for a yet-untitled film with VIP team and also another project with filmmaker Prabhu Solomon.