Tamil-Hindi actor Dhanush says he is “excited” about his Hollywood debut with Iranian-French director Marjane Satrapi’s “The Extraordinary Journey Of the Fakir Who Got Trapped In The Ikea Cupboard.”
“I am very excited by this opportunity to work in a full length Hollywood film,” Dhanush said in a statement in Chennai.
In the move, the 32-year-old “Why this Kolaveri di’ star will share screen space with Uma Thurman, “Captain Phillips,” actor Barkhad Abdi, Laurent Lafitte and “The Bandit Queen” actress Seema Biswas.
“The director, Marjane Satrapi, felt I would be apt for this role and I feel there are many facets I can explore for this character,” the “Raanjhanaa” actor said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The national award-winning actor thanked his fans for “pushing me to explore new endeavours and challenges all the time.”
Based on the on Romain Puertolas’ bestselling debut novel of the same name, the comedy adventure movie follows a wild storyteller from New Delhi who falls in love with a woman when he reaches Parish, but accidentally gets deported along with a group of African refugees against his choice.
The novel, which came out in 2014, has been translated into 35 languages. It tells the pilgrimage of a con man from India to an IKEA in Paris which turns into a philosophical odyssey.
Dhanush took to Facebook to share his views about venturing into Hollywood with the film, which will also star Bandit Queena actress Seema Biswas, Alexandra Daddario, Barkhad Abdi and Laurent Lafitte.
“I am very excited by this opportunity to work in a full length Hollywood film ‘The Extraordinary Journey Of The Fakir Who Got Trapped In The Ikea Cupboard’ for the first time.
“The director Marjane Satrapi felt I would be apt for this role and I feel there are many facets I can explore for this character. I thank my fans and media for constantly standing by me and pushing me to explore new endeavors and challenges all the time,” reads a post on Dhanush’s official Facebook page.
(With IANS inputs)