Tamil-Hindi actor Dhanush says he is “excited” about his Hollywood debut with Iranian-French director Marjane Satrapi’s “The Extraordinary Journey Of the Fakir Who Got Trapped In The Ikea Cupboard.”
“I am very excited by this opportunity to work in a full length Hollywood film,” Dhanush said in a statement in Chennai.
In the move, the 32-year-old “Why this Kolaveri di’ star will share screen space with Uma Thurman, “Captain Phillips,” actor Barkhad Abdi, Laurent Lafitte and “The Bandit Queen” actress Seema Biswas.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“The director, Marjane Satrapi, felt I would be apt for this role and I feel there are many facets I can explore for this character,” the “Raanjhanaa” actor said.
The national award-winning actor thanked his fans for “pushing me to explore new endeavours and challenges all the time.”
Based on the on Romain Puertolas’ bestselling debut novel of the same name, the comedy adventure movie follows a wild storyteller from New Delhi who falls in love with a woman when he reaches Parish, but accidentally gets deported along with a group of African refugees against his choice.
The novel, which came out in 2014, has been translated into 35 languages. It tells the pilgrimage of a con man from India to an IKEA in Paris which turns into a philosophical odyssey.
Dhanush took to Facebook to share his views about venturing into Hollywood with the film, which will also star Bandit Queena actress Seema Biswas, Alexandra Daddario, Barkhad Abdi and Laurent Lafitte.
“I am very excited by this opportunity to work in a full length Hollywood film ‘The Extraordinary Journey Of The Fakir Who Got Trapped In The Ikea Cupboard’ for the first time.
“The director Marjane Satrapi felt I would be apt for this role and I feel there are many facets I can explore for this character. I thank my fans and media for constantly standing by me and pushing me to explore new endeavors and challenges all the time,” reads a post on Dhanush’s official Facebook page.
(With IANS inputs)