Actor Suriya has announced that his next film will be directed by Selvaraghavan. The news has come as a big surprise as it is a totally unexpected director-actor combination. The actor is currently busy shooting for his upcoming film Thaana Serntha Kootam
“Happy join hands with…..!!@selvaraghavan @DreamWarriorpic @prabhu_sr @srprakashbabu #Suriya36,” Suriya posted on his Twitter account.
— Suriya Sivakumar (@Suriya_offl) November 17, 2016
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Even Selvaraghavan took to Twitter to share the news, describing Suriya as one of the “finest actors”. “Super excited to be working with @Suriya_offl , one of the finest actors in india & @DreamWarriorpic ,a young and energetic team. #Suriya36.”
— selvaraghavan (@selvaraghavan) November 17, 2016
Suriya’s 36th film will be produced by SR Prabhu and SR Prakash Babu of Dream Warrior Pictures.
Previously, Selvaraghavan had directed Suriya’s brother Karthi’s film Aayirathil Oruvan. Back then, speaking at the audio release function of the film, Suriya had appreciated Selvaraghavan’s filmmaking skills. And finally, the actor seems to have decided to give the maverick director an opportunity to direct him.
While Suriya’s upcoming film Singam 3 is due in theaters next month, Selvaraghavan is awaiting the release of Nenjam Marappathillai. The trailer of Selvaraghavan’s forthcoming directorial venture was recently released and has received rave reviews. The horror flick has SJ Suryah in the lead.
Suriya, meanwhile, will end this year with a bang as the third installment to his super cop series, Singam 3, is scheduled to release on December 16. The actor has already delivered a box office hit this year, 24. And going by the buzz around Singam 3, the film is likely to set a new box office record in Kollywood.