Three days after two Kannada actors drowned in the Thippagondanahalli lake while filming the Mastigudi climax scene, search team has fished out the body of one of the victims, Raghava Uday. However, Anil’s body is yet to be found.
According to reports, Uday’s body was found floating in water in the reservoir. His body was found very close to the location where he drowned. The huge amount of silt underneath the lake had made the search operation difficult.
Talking to media, Mastigudi lead actor Duniya Vijay confirmed that the body is that of Uday. Vijay had jumped into the dam along with Uday and Anil from a chopper on Monday during the risky stunt sequence. However, he managed to swim to safety, while the other two drowned.
According to TV reports, Uday’s postmortem will be carried out on the spot at Thippagondanahalli lake and the body will be handed over to the family. The last rites of Uday will be held on Wednesday itself.
Watch| Movie Stunt Gone Wrong: 2 Kannada Actors Die After Jumping Into A Lake
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Search team, involving officials of police, fire brigade officials and NDRF, has been carrying out the operations in the reservoir for days now. About 24 scuba drivers were also pressed into the operation.
Meanwhile, police have taken director Nagashekar and producer Sundar Gowda into the custody even as the whereabouts of stunt director Ravi Varma remain unknown. The three have been booked on the charges of culpable homicide under Section 304 of the IPC.
The tragic incident took place at Thippagondanahalli lake, 35 kms west of Bengaluru, while shooting a chopper scene for Mastigudi. The stunt wanted the actors to jump off the chopper into the lake, which was carried in violation of the guidelines laid down by the BWSSB. The sequence was shot without any safety precautions in place to deal with the uncertain outcome, resulting in the death of the two young actors.