National award-winning film ‘Crossing Bridges’ is set to release on this August 29. PVR Director’s Rare will screen the movie, directed by Sange Dorjee Thongdok. The film is the first to be made in the Sherdukpen language of Arunachal Pradesh.
‘Crossing Bridges’ is the story of Tashi, a man in his early thirties who is compelled to return to his village in Arunachal Pradesh after eight years when he loses his job in the city. While he awaits word on any possible job so that he can go back to the city, Tashi begins to experience the life of his people.
“This is the story of the place I come from. The North-East is a region that is hardly spoken of, and in our country too, not much is known about the people of the region or their ways. Crossing Bridges is our attempt to bridge this gap. “Winning the National Award for the film was an incredible moment but we are all the more elated about the wide release of Crossing,” the director said.
The film, which won the Rajat Kamal award at the 61st National Film Awards, will release across theatres in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune and Bangalore. “We are extremely pleased to be showcasing Crossing Bridges through our PVR Director’s Rare banner. In spite of its simplicity, the film talks about an issue that people everywhere are dealing with. “We believe in such socially relevant cinema that is certain to be appreciated by audiences,” said Sanjeev Kumar Bijli, JMD, PVR Ltd.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016